Dodger for a 1974 29 Foot Ericson

shevrin

The dodger on our 1974, 29 foot Ericson is "all but destroyed". It's old and I need to replace it. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where I might find one-possibly used. My budget is tight and I want to keep my cost down.

I live in Oceanside, CA.

Thanks,

SHevrin

Fal51

The dodger on our 1974, 29 foot Ericson is "all but destroyed". It's old and I need to replace it. Can anyone give me some guidance as to where I might find one-possibly used. My budget is tight and I want to keep my cost down.

I live in Oceanside, CA.

Thanks,

SHevrin
Do you want to sell your old dodger? I need parts for mine. Thanks fal51 My email is falcone@frontiernet.net

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Shevrin,
You might want to ask all the sailors you know around your moorage, yacht club, and personal friends for some "local knowledge". ;)

Some years ago I had a great dodger built for our prior boat and again for the present boat by a small shop that got business solely by word-of-mouth.
One-man shop with decades of upholstery and top building experience. He is long retired now and has gone from water cruising to land cruising on a converted Grayhound bus he totally built into a lovely motor home (!).
:cool:
Just a very handy guy with many different talents. Not only did he do the whole top with ss tubing, but also built one new cushion and re-foamed all the other cushions for us.

I betcha there are guys like that 'bout everywhere.... but usually under the radar. No budget for display ads, just referrals from customers. Lower overhead and lower prices to match.

I wonder if a "dodger wanted" ad in the local boating section of your area's Craigslist might scare up some prospects? Kind of a long shot... but ya never know...

LB