• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Drawer removal

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
A drawer face had fallen off and was on the counter when we first viewed the boat. Now that we've taken ownership, I'd like to take the drawer home to repair. The problem is I can't figure out how to remove it. Are the plastic pieces in the lower corners the stops or is there something on the slide I need to do? DSC_0461.JPG

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pull out the draw below. Reach up and find the central track on the drawer above. There's a tab on the slider that needs to be depressed to allow the drawer to come all the way out of the cabinet carcass.

If you need a grip to yank, just screw a temp pull on the drawer face. Attachment holes will be hidden by the replaced face.

We probably have the same Ericson factory metal and plastic drawer slides, value $.89 and not a marine item. If they're busted, almost the exact replica is still available on line.

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Success! I was able to run down to the boat over lunch and remove the drawer. Unfortunately the drawer front is only one of the issues. The slide hardware is falling off the bottom, all of the are holes are stripped from the wood, the bottom is falling off, and the sides have split where they are screwed to the front. Looks like I'll be making new drawer boxes to attach the front to.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That slider "assembly" is probably still available at a Rockler woodworking retail store, where I bought it for one of our drawers.

Ericson must have bought these by the gross. :)

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
...and there is a Rockler up at Northgate: 832 NE Northgate Way, Seattle, WA 98125

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
ordered our parts from Amazon. Nice to get them all working. Sometimes it’s the small things working that are appreciated the most.

markvone

Sustaining Member
The little plastic stop on the BACK bottom of the drawer that keeps it from coming out is the Delta Travel Loc. It is usually sold separately as an option for RV and marine applications. I bought a bag of 10 and only needed a couple so contact me if you only need one.
I found both the slides and stops cheapest from Rockler but listed on eBay back in 2014.

Mark