E-27 companion way hatch

Hobbster

I will mold a hatch out of fiberglass if I could get a commitment of at least 4 hatches sold. The hatch would be molded to have the teak deck boards installed on top or a polycarbinite insert that would let in light.

I am rebuilding my teak hatch now. I can build a new teak hatch for $875.00, The fiberglass hatch would be $525 with the poly insert and 675.00 for the teak deck boards on top. Delevery of either would be around 4-6 weeks. After doing all of the work in teak, I wish that I would of just molded the hatch out of fiberglass. It would look good, retain the teak top and cut down on maintance. If interested, drop me a line at srssystems@coastalnet.com

Hobbster

Jim:

I could make one for your E-29. I would need an old hatch to use for a pattern. It could be made from teak or fiberglass.

Glen

Ray Hughes

Member I
Companionway hatch on E-29

The teak veneer on the top of the hatch of my E-29 has to be replaced. You mentioned a plastic option that would allow light into the cabin area. What would the minimum thickness be, and what would you recommend as to product/ manufacturer?

Hobbster

Hatch

A fiberglass hatch would have to be molded and a polycarbonate insert could be installed that would allow light to enter. The thickness would be 3/8". This would allow the hatch to hold up to foot trafic without a problem.

I will post a picture of my new teak hatch in about another week.

Keep in mind that I would need at laset an order of 4 fiberglass hatches to cover the molding cost.

Glen