E-27 Sliding Hatch

OliveOyle

Member I
Hi all, we just purchased another '78 E-27 "Bijou" off of Craiglist. The sliding hatch is like brand new. When we asked the previous owner he said he bought it from Pacific Seacraft? Has anyone on this board purchased any parts from them before?

soup1438

Member II
And a question of interchangeable parts...

I've got an E25 (not an E25+) which has a sliding hatch that, well, t'ain't pretty and t'ain't particularly water-tight.

Question: are the hatch specs common with any other models of Ericson? Would an E-27 hatch fit? Are there other makes/models with the "right" specs?

rgoff

Member III
I recently rebuilt the teak wooden sliding hatch for my '73 E27. I'm almost certain I asked PSC if they had replacements and they said "no".

It was quite a job, but came out looking pretty good.

Is yours wood or fiberglass?

Joe Benedict

Member II
Companionway Hatch

E-27's and 29's are very similiar in replacement parts, but as rgoff states Pacific Seacraft does not list these as being offered. Several people have posts on this site about rebuilding (myself included) or attempting to find replacements. If PSC is offering hatches there may be a lot of interest. To OliveOyle, there are several posts on this site regarding purchases from PSC -rubrails particularly.

Companion way hatch

I had a new teak hatch constructed for my 1971 E 29 by a local boat carpenter. It cost me about $300.00 five + years back. It was well worth it.
Paul Huch