E25 CB/Rig project help

John Cyr

Member II
Just realiized I probably put this in the wrong (for sale) post

I'm trying to prepare my 1974 E25 CB for sale and I am waist deep in projects:
I have the mast down to replace the standing rigging and I would like to fix a bend I put in it many years ago when I snapped a cap shroud in a blow, its a minor bend (about 3" end to end unstayed) but it is too great to tune out and noticable to anyone with any rigging knowledge. anybody ever have success with tryng to straighten a 29' spring? a new or replacement mast would likely cost as much as the boat is (realistically) worth

The centerboard has swelled at its head and is therefore stuck (either up/down/anywhere between but the diver has to move it) I rebuilt it in 89 but dont think that would work twice, so I need a new board, there are a couple (old) posts on E25 cbs but dont know if any current source exists ?

Good news is I did a major bottom/blister job way back when (the whole interprotect 1000/2000 system, cost a lot) so she is blister free and has a custom (yes I know the boat ad joke, but this is actually VERY nice) teak interior. Also has the mast raising and lowering Gear which works great (even slightly bent :) !

Any advice/leads or (offers?) on the above would be most appreciated.

John

Trailer available too (almost as big a project as the boat, needs new brakes and bunks)