E25 swingkeel support stainless rod

Brian Lowman

Member II
I am thinking about replacing the stainless steel rod that supports my swing keel. I got the diameter from the online owners manual, but it does not specify a length.

Does anyone know tha approximate length so I can order the rod? I will be machining the ends to fit the hull contours, but need a close guess.

Also, I made a rigid, telescoping boom vang from schedule 80 PVC (painted to look like aluminum) that cost me about $40. If anyone is interested, I can send a photo. This is a great savings over $250 for a 'store bought' model.

Thanks,

Brian Lowman
S/V Gypsy Rose

Last edited:

k7rkd

keel rod replacement

I would like to know if you did in fact replace the pin that holds the keel up and if so ohow did you go about it. My keel is in need of the pin being replaced and would apopreicate all the help you can give thanks Bob

Hi Brian,

I to would like to know how you came out with your keel. My biggest question is how did you get your pin out and how much trouble was it?

Bob in Va

Member III
Centerboard info

Last summer I visited John Lindstrom, in Greensboro, NC, who was doing some extensive refurbishing on his E-25 centerboarder. He had the board out and was repairing it and I took a tracing of it and some photos for reference. I don't know the pin length, but it is 1/2" stainless (I'd use schedule 316). He might have the length and end shapes on record, but to the best of my memory the pin is inserted from inside the boat and secured by set screws. On my E-23 it inserts from outside and is held in by a flange welded to one end of the pin. How are things in Decorah? I was born there. I'll bet it's a little tight sailing an E-25 on the Oneota.