E27 setees backs attachments

agraziano23

Member II
I want to re do my cushions on my E27. I'm at a loss on how the wooden seat backs are attached to the wall.
tony g. Pine Beach NJ.

Annapolis E-27

Member III
Mine are attached with velcro strips along the top and bottom of the seat backs. They hold well and still give you access to the seat back storage.

missalot

Member II
On my 1970 E29, the seat backs were held on with with little screws hidden between the pleats in the foam/upholstery. After taking mine off, I accessed the void behind for storage.

Dave Hussey

Member III
missalot,
sounds like a great idea. How did you do it? Just a couple of holes in the fiberglass? I couldnt find any way the installer could get the screws through the fabric and not leave any sign...every thread was in place. Very neat installation, until I pryed the backs from the hull out of frustration. I will reinstall with velcro :)
Dave H

davisr

Member III
The seat backs in my E25 are installed with screws through the fabric as you, Dave, describe with regard to your E27. From what Missalot says, this appears to have been the norm for the E29 as well. It sounds, then, that some in the past have installed velcro so that they can access this space and thus make use of otherwise wasted storage space.

Does this seem to be the case? If so, sounds like a good idea.

Best,
Roscoe

E25, cb, Hull #226

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Just a couple of shots of the storage on my E29 these are factory on the 1978

Note the snaps on the cushion backs to hold them to the liner

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 74

siemiap

I am going to take out my cushions, same issue with the bolts holding the seat backs. I will post the pictures of my E27 interior upgrade. Anyone have any table ideas?

davisr

Member III
There was a pretty good discussion recently about tables (with pictures) on the thread "Dropleaf Table on E25."