E31 Indy

b-dawg

I'm a new owner of an '79 E-31, Solitaire. Homeport San Diego. Doing refurb. etc. Wondering if any others around in the general location. Previous boat was Kettenburg 41' and before that a "69 E-30 Mk-1. Any info is welcome- as the usual case, any boat 40 yrs. old has history and the uncovering is an adventure. Always appreciated the Independence lines and qualities. Cheers

Last edited:

Glyn Judson

E31 in San Diego.

Dear friend, If you can tell me the hull number I'll be able to share with you what I know about that boat. Regards, Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

b-dawg

Hello Glyn.

Thanks for your reply. The hull ID is ERY31X62M79K so I would infer it's #62. Owned this boat since Nov. last year, I believe it spent 4 years in SD and came from Oceanside before that.

I'd be happy to chat if you care to call (619-723-6253). I've never done this forum type thing before so forgive me if I break protocol of some sort- rookie/old school.

Thanks, Brian Lepis

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Solitaire, Oceanside.

I looked at the boat in 2012. Name in green. Emergency raft in a hard valise on deck?

When I inquired I believe a woman answered the phone.

Sorry, she said, it sold in a week.

b-dawg

Yep, that's the boat. San Diego guy bought it and from him, I did the same. Seems you hardly need to advertise and poof- they're gone. Actually, it wasn't listed, but on the hard having the bottom done and I left my name with the mgt. desk hoping he'd get in touch. He did and that was that. I hope to enjoy her for some years to come. Thanks for sharing your encounter w/ Solitaire.