• Untitled Document
    The turkey is finally gone and you know what that means...

Welcome to EY.o 2021-2022 Fund Raising Season!

This is the time of year we come to you to help support the website. Updated information on the hows and whys of fundraising may be found in the post below.

Thank you for your continued support of EricsonYachts.org!

Notice on 2021-2022 Fund Raising

E32-200 stuffing box (tight fit)

Peter K

Member II
I am having trouble removing the old flax and replacing. Wondering if I need to remove the shaft to get it done. The attached picture shows how little room there is between the stuffing box nut and the engine. Anyone have this same issue or a solution?
Thanks - Peter

Attachments

• F8B29BD7-B9CA-4B8D-8115-3C430EB36D94.jpeg
    F8B29BD7-B9CA-4B8D-8115-3C430EB36D94.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 23

Alan Gomes

Contributing Partner
That really is tight. It must have been quite a PITA to pack it in the first place.

Maybe it would be a good idea to remove the shaft and replace that coupler with a split coupler that also does not have as much depth as your current one, which looks quite deep to me. Here's a place you might check for starters, and compare some of the dimensions they show on their site with what you have currently to see if you can recoup some space. Again, if you are going to replace it anyway I think you'd do well to go for a split coupler for any future removals you might need to do.

Dave G.

1984 E30+ Ludington, MI
Oh, that is crazy tight. If your pulling the shaft I would suggest replacing with a PSS shaft seal but not sure you could get it in there even with a shorter coupler.