• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35-2 Prop

bteat

Hi - I've seen informaiton on the E35 where some owner said he had a 14" prop. Most A4 Props are 12X7. I'm wondering what is the largest Dia prop one can put on this hull and use the current shaft? I'm installing a M4-30 and with the 2:1 drive a 12" prop cannot be pitched even with a 3 blade to take avantage of the HP. Also, has anyone used a self feathering prop on a E35?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
A previous discussion on the Ericson list and also the YL indicated that you need about 15 percent of the diameter for clearance to the hull from the tip of the prop. Since there will be subtle variations in even "factory" installations of shafts and struts and props, you really need to measure and record this info at your next haulout (or swim under the boat with a ruler...). I did not do this before buying my feathering prop, and it turned out I could have utilized another inch of diameter for the new prop. I just went by the diameter of the factory-installed fixed prop. Not an earth-shaking thing, but I should not have assumed anything about the stock prop and its sizing.
Loren