Ericson 30+ Water Tank Questions

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Epic fail on the plastic welding. I think I may have been more successful it would not have been a crack that was along the line of the bottom seam of the tank.

Has anybody used a bladder tank in replace of the Ronco?
Just an uneducated guess, but I recall a conversation with an expert aluminum welder where he explained how really difficult it is to repair aluminum tanks because the surface metal 'absorbs' (my word for it) impurities over the years and new repair/welding is tricky to do. Do-able, but tough even for an experienced welder.
I wonder if "old" plastic has similar problems?
My fabricated water tank was done with new material, of course.
Or.... it just takes a lot of practice to really nail the right temperature and prep work to do the repair you are trying for. (?)

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Can I tap into the drain pipe for my vent lines?
I'm guessing that you could, but you would need to ensure that all the vent lines go up from the tap point to avoid water getting into the vent lines.
I don't fully understand why you want to do this?
Frank

dandimm

Member II
I'm guessing that you could, but you would need to ensure that all the vent lines go up from the tap point to avoid water getting into the vent lines.
I don't fully understand why you want to do this?
Frank
For potential over flow. I was going to use an angled fitting to keep the sink water from getting into the tank.

the blue line (vent) would be potentially how I would do it.

Attachments

• IMG_8782.jpeg
    IMG_8782.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

dandimm

Member II
Just because it's possible does not mean it's wise. I would not provide any path between the potable water supply and the waste from the sink. (If ... I understand the question.)
The previous owner replaced the sink in the head and redid all the plumbing.

Would you mind sending a picture of how it should be set up properly? I’ve seen several posts about it draining into the sink, but I don’t understand the set up. Thanks!

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
The previous owner replaced the sink in the head and redid all the plumbing.

Would you mind sending a picture of how it should be set up properly? I’ve seen several posts about it draining into the sink, but I don’t understand the set up. Thanks!
These are from my 1984 E30+. The first pic shows the vent for both water tanks on the left side of the sink. The second shows how it comes from below. The last pic shows most of the head plumbing.
I hope that helps you.
Frank

Attachments

• 20230723_132736.jpg
    20230723_132736.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230723_132758.jpg
    20230723_132758.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230723_132812.jpg
    20230723_132812.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 18

dandimm

Member II
These are from my 1984 E30+. The first pic shows the vent for both water tanks on the left side of the sink. The second shows how it comes from below. The last pic shows most of the head plumbing.
I hope that helps you.
Frank
Thank you very much! This is very helpful! I’ll have to figure out a proper way to vent the tanks based on your pictures.