• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 31 independence 1979 IMI LOA

imiloa

Hi there! nice to meet you all! i am Felipe from Argentina.. i bought this sailboat in San Francisco some months ago and sailed single handed to San Diego.. i am a Veterinarian and scuba dive instructor with 0 knowledge in mechanical and others topics.. i hope you dont mind my questions about it!!!
have a nice week end guys!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20200310_221527_245.jpg
    IMG_20200310_221527_245.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20200116_124740_324.jpg
    IMG_20200116_124740_324.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20200114_154007_736.jpg
    IMG_20200114_154007_736.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20200110_155658.jpg
    20200110_155658.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20200116_124740_323.jpg
    IMG_20200116_124740_323.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 72

kapnkd

kapnkd
Hello and WELCOME! You’ll find this is a great site for an Ericson owner.

Lots of experienced owners who have inevitably “been there and done it” with most issues, problems and questions you may have and are more than willing to answer those questions and concerns.

You’ve Got a beautiful Ericson and it looks to be in great shape!

Again, welcome to the EYO site!

Fair Winds
- kerry (kapnkd username)

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Great looking boats, I love the Independences. There's one at the end of my dock that I drool over every time I go by it.

Also super jealous of your dodger - looks amazing!

imiloa

Great looking boats, I love the Independences. There's one at the end of my dock that I drool over every time I go by it.

Also super jealous of your dodger - looks amazing!
Hi Geoff nice to meet you... thanks a lot hahaha.. have a nice week end!

Devon

Member I
Hi Felipe.

If she is hull#59 we used to own her. We bought her in Nevada, trucked to Portland Oregon. We installed the heater, dodger, bimini, windlass, Capehorn windvane, new settee cushions, moved the electric panel to the nav, installed solar, put in the Electroscan, and repowered with the Yanmar 3ym30 and Campbell Sailor prop. In 2013 we cruised up to the San Juan Islands, then down the coast to the SF Bay. We listed her on Craigslist, and sold her to a man from Saulsilito the next day.

Such a great boat.
Let me know if you have any questions.

imiloa

Hi guys! yes it is a great boat! i bought it 10 months ago and sailed her single handed to san Diego where i am now. i have spent usd 25.000 doing upgrades like 3 new sails.. new Harken roller furler.. new running rigging.. new autopilot...2 New batteries of 75 another new solar panel... new botton paint... new transmission.. coupler and shaft... new raco diesel filter... new toillet... new dodger!! ..i changed the steering wheel cables...and more works..

i love this boat.. i have been living aboard since i bought it..

did you change the standing rigging? when? and do you remember how many hours the engine had it?

tbe broker told me about 80 but he lied me.. suddenly the hour meter started working and said 450... the last owner spent some money doing a new bowsprit... new holding tank...

lets keep in contact! give me your email!!!
have a nice week end..
Felipe

Mark F

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Felipe,

You were in Santa Cruz right? I remember seeing the boat there. It really is a beautiful boat. When it (you?) was anchored out by the Santa Cruz Wharf a sailed by and commented on what a nice Ericson she was.

imiloa

Yes Sr.!!! i was in the harbor for 2 months due an accident that i had when i caught a crab trap at night with my prop 8 miles away coming from San Franciaco single handed but fortunately boat us payed me 7.500!!! all the repair... i meet so many wonderful people in Santa Cruz that i love that place...

imiloa

Hi Felipe.

If she is hull#59 we used to own her. We bought her in Nevada, trucked to Portland Oregon. We installed the heater, dodger, bimini, windlass, Capehorn windvane, new settee cushions, moved the electric panel to the nav, installed solar, put in the Electroscan, and repowered with the Yanmar 3ym30 and Campbell Sailor prop. In 2013 we cruised up to the San Juan Islands, then down the coast to the SF Bay. We listed her on Craigslist, and sold her to a man from Saulsilito the next day.

Such a great boat.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Devon! you did a great job thks! Are you still in the group?