Ericson 32 on CL

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Looks like a E-32-3.
The ad reads, with misspelled words, like it might have been written by a third party. Perhaps there is a reason for the low price. Agree that the condition of the sole and the staining up a half foot or so looks suspicious.
Maybe it's just another "live aboard" boat... we see them, in various states of disrepair, in the rivers adjacent to Portland. (sigh) :(

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Looks like the standard 32-3 interior to me.

I'll interject a random bit of trivia.... when I was looking for my 32-III, I gave the 34-2 and 35-3 a close look thinking one might be an interesting alternative

On the 35-3, most of the the fore-and-aft dimensions of the interior setup are virtually identical to the 32-3. The major fore-and-aft differences are the addition of a shower enclosure in the head, a bigger hanging locker across from the head, and more room in the wine locker. Athwartships, 6" more beam works out to a slightly roomier salon, and slightly wider quarter-berth and v-berth.

No idea if the writer of the ad knew that or was just spouting things that sounded marketing-ish. But... there's actually a tiny bit of truth to it.

E32-E35.JPG

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
You're giving him more credit than I would. I'll bet he thinks the 32-200 is the "standard" cabin and that this boat has a "custom" cabin designed to look like the (very similar, as you point out) 35-300.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
I see a few of odd things in the ad and the pics:
- ad says 1987 manufacture, but the traveler is the 'short version, that was only(?) on the 1984 model - changed to the longer version after that year
- seems like there's a teak panel on the top of the cockpit coaming - I haven't seen that before on a 32-3, but maybe it was an original custom add-on, or a PO addition for better traction when stepping into/out of the cockpit.
- the ad's title indicates $12K price but at the bottom of the ad it says asking $9K, with good offers accepted.

- owner apparently really wants it gone - may be a steal, or, may not ...

bigd14

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Very comfortable vibe indeed! See the huge bong sitting on table…

I would be very cautious looking at this boat. Check title and owner ID for a match before any $$ changes hands.

Mr. Scarlett

Member III
Two out of eight are identical and not very helpful cockpit shots and one is of a sunset. Somehow these pics almost seem like whoever snapped them didn't want it known they were taking photos.

It is in a marina however. With transferrable moorage. In my area there's stories of people buying $12,000 boats just to get the slip. I hope this boat can find the right new owner.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Do the water marks at the base of the V berth indicate it took on water?

Yes. And the water level was above the floorboards for weeks. Note Image 7 of 8 in the link.

1631893369672.png