• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 35-2 foredeck hatch replacement

garryh

Member III
"Regarding that splash page photo in reply 12.... Love It!
Rail down and all powered up!! "
an exciting pic... just makes you want to be there!
(except for those dark ports... : )

garryh

Member III
he mentions they were not yet reinstalled after refit.
But another question to phil... how did you handle the non-skid after all that deck work? roll on kiwi grip type...?

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
Steven, yes as gattyh said I was in the middle of a refit and the aft lowers just weren't installed at the time of that photo. garryh yes Kiwi grip. I loved that part of the job. Went so fast and easy and is holding up great. I recommend it without hesitation.IMG_4405.jpeg

garryh

Member III
thanks Phil... I will have to address non-skid when I have my recore project done. I always wondered if the kiwi grip would retain grime and discolour after a while. Any sign of this...?

Phil MacFarlane

Member III
thanks Phil... I will have to address non-skid when I have my recore project done. I always wondered if the kiwi grip would retain grime and discolour after a while. Any sign of this...?

No none at all. I did use white and I scrub it with a hard brush often. You would think it would hold onto dirt but not in my case. The boat lives in Mexico so maybe it just Mexican dirt that doesn't stick...My original non skid was like an ice skating rink when wet. In ten days my none skid will be 5 years old and it looks like I just applied it.