Ericson Rendezvous 2005

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Now I get it...

Big dummy me. I should have thought about the "arrive Friday" dates for reserving docks.

Betcha Friday night will have some informal socializing!

Best,

Loren

:cheers:

Last edited:

evm

Member II
Any E46 and E39 planning on being there?

Hi,

I'm hoping that someone with an E46 will be sailing up to Port townsend. I've always wanted to get a look at an E46.

I'd like to see other E39 as well (we will not be sailing ours up this year).

Regards, Ethan

Dave G

Member II
I reserved my slip yesterday.

Anyone have any idea how many boats are expected?

Dave Green
E-29 Spirit

Stuart

Member II
numbers rendezvous 2005

We have held 30 slips untill mid April, if we have a reasonable number of booking prior to that the marinia will probably keep our numbers, if not, we will loose our unsecured reservations and it will be luck or the draw to any late bookers.
About booking, The marina has a 24 hour cancellation policy, with 24 hours notice you are not charged for your slip, no downside to not booking early.
I belive we have about ten booked to date, Ronda faxes me a list to keep me up to date on who has booked.
I will post a sheet this week anyone can print and hang at your local marina or store.
Sean, might need some hepl with this!

Cheers to all
Stuart
E-31 Independence
Vancouver BC

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, actually, I was just thinking that I should add a post for all the specifics (and only the specifics - and then lock the thread) for people who are looking for the dates, phone numbers, etc only. I was looking for it today for our own booking (just a b&b, mind you) and have to look a bit.

Have you contacted all the Ericson Owners listed in the db for WA and BC?

//sse

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous 2005 some details

2005 Ericson Rendezvous …..The Vikings are gathering!

Port Hudson Marina……Historic Port Townsend... WA.
Slip Booking…...

:) 24 hour cancellation policy, no cost to you if you cant make it and give Rhonda 24 hour notice (or more if possible)…. Book early… Call toll free to book 800 228 2803

Moorage Office, Port Hudson Marina
2601 Washington Street
PO Box 1180
Port Townsend, WA 98368
(360) 385-2355 or (800) 228-2803 Just call Rhonda, she would prefer it!
Rhonda@portofpt.com
Provide boat length and beam.

Port Hudson Marina is keeping slips for us until April 15th, after that it is a first come basis so don’t be disappointed, book your slip now. As well they are giving us the “Hall” for our Saturday night pot luck dinner and Sunday Morning get together, if we are a large enough group.
Stay tuned to www.ericsonyacts.org for updates and more info. To volunteer for something, contact stuartm@pureresults.com

The dates for the rendezvous are June 18th & 19th. (Fathers Day Weekend)

Camaraderie amongst sailors…..Contests…Games…Prizes…..and much more!

Saturday June 18th
Arrival…….
Pot luck appies, wine & beer tasting….bring your best screech! Fun and games and perhaps some tall tales, boat re naming and christening ceremony (maybe free champagne!)
Later Saturday Pot luck dinner……more fun and tales…..….after dinner,
….umbrella cocktail mix off… who makes the best margaritas or…….make some and test some
……awards for afternoon antics Blind Dinghy Race, Best homemade wine and beer, Exhibition of boating skills, most original name tag. We have several toasts, Wendy has suggested toasting with champagne in the morning and margaritas in the afternoon, best come prepared.

Sunday morning …not too early…. Well we don’t know for sure yet, but our speaker is waiting in the wings, not quite committed yet but Shaun is working on him.
Ticket draw and prizes, (We need some donations, how well do you know your local chandlery?)

:egrin: Gathering of the Vikings….2005 :egrin:
A year to remember!
www.ericsonyachts.org
It just gets better

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Slip Count

Hi everybody,

I made a slip reservation today for Pilot Project - E38. I'll be in Slip 32 which is on the North dock.

According to the marina office there are 15 slips reserved for the Ericson Rendezvous 2005, and there are 9 still available.

See you there.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Races?

Is there going to be anykind of a race - like a simple beer can race or something?

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Kathy and I are driving up from Portland. I wonder if there will be chances for each of us to sail on different boats? Maybe have them come in to a dock and trade off crew and go back out for another half hour. I wonder how many others would also enjoy sailing on different Ericsons?
:cool:

Best,
Loren

ps: we could offer shots from our Meyers Rum bottle as a "bribe"
:)

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Full astern!

Stuart said:
Hi Sean
We can do anything!
Are you volunteering to organize this event with prizes etc.? :egrin:

Uhhhhhhhh. Hummmmm. Look! Up there in the sky - right behind you!! (sound of footsteps running away...) :p

I would love to help...but I'm a little booked right now - please feel free to ask again, however - starting in about 2008! :D

Seriously - Whatever you guys choose to do is fine...and if you need a hand with something that has something to do with the site or web stuff, etc, please feel free to ask, etc. Otherwise, I'm just hosed for time...

Meeta and I will be getting up there on Friday night - and will come down to the docks to see who's in, etc. We've already booked a B&B within walking distance, and are looking forward to it...

//sse

mark reed

Member III
I like Loren's idea (3 posts above) about sailing in different Ericsons. I'll volunteer our E38 for a few outings!

mark reed

Member III
Car shuttle after rendezvous from PT northwards?

We plan to sail north after the rendezvous, then leave our boat in Blaine for more sailing later in the summer. If anyone can shuttle our vehicle in that direction - Anacortes, Bellingham, or Blaine, we'd be much obliged!

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
mark reed said:
I like Loren's idea (3 posts above) about sailing in different Ericsons. I'll volunteer our E38 for a few outings!

We would love to get 2-4 seats on that... We might be able to move your car for you as well (Bellingham?) on Sunday...

//sse