Fall Meeting for NW Ericsons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Come on you guys.... how about a nice Saturday/Sunday meet somewhere in the South Sound - like Vashon Island or Gig Harbor or somewhere else???

//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Any chance of a "Land Connection" for those not boating in your waters?

Loren in PDX

:cool:

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Here it is... DOCKTON

We're meeting at Dockton on Saturday evening. I'll most likely be on anchor - and EVERYONE is invited. Loren, if you want to visit, plan on taking the Vashon Ferry from Tacoma, then driving around to the park at Dockton..............

Special guest (hopefully): Lorraine & Stan!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
What with the ferry ride over, finding a motel, and the return ferry trip Sunday, we probably will not make this ren-dez-vous. Or at least the chance is below 50%.
I do hope to meet some of your Puget Sound types one of these days -- maybe next spring...
Best,

Loren

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
It's ok...

We can do that in the spring, Loren - and you can just plan on staying on one of the boats. It's not supposed to get above 50 degrees today and drizzle anyhow (typical for this time of year) - so it's not ideal.

It's an easy 50 min hit for us - otherwise, I would think twice about it anyhow (as I am a major woosie!).

Cheers,
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Excellent!

Actually, it turned out to be a wonderful overnight - coolish, but dry. We found Stan and Lorraine (or rather, they found us with their search light), we anchored near them, and visited a while.

The next morning the fog did not begin to burn off until noon - which made for a very, very lazy Sunday! :)

Attached is an image from the next morning...

//sse

Attachments

• e35-3_~1.jpg
    e35-3_~1.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 88
Status
Not open for further replies.