Garmin BlueChart CD soon discontinued

Emerald

I was poking around on Garmin's website and stumbled on a notice that updates to the BlueChart CD format will no longer be available after 12/31/09. Here's a link for more information:

http://www8.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/bluechartCD.jsp

This is of particular interest if your device does not take a chip, such as my GPSmap 76 handheld. A call to Garmin confirmed that this is the only source of charts for a non-chip device like the GPSmap 76. You can still order updated CD's until the 31st, so, it might be worth checking your coverage and making sure you have what you want up to date. Do be aware that there may not be any updates to your specific area even though this is an updated CD, so you need to be sure you actually get a benefit before you unlock the CD.

And for the record, not affilliated with anyone/thing selling making money off this - just thought I'd pass it along as I'd missed hearing about it and found it by accident. :egrin:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Garmin is pretty lousy about updating their charts anyhow. I love their products but a current LNM is still required.