• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hello All ! I’m Eike over in Sausalito, just north of the Golden Gate bridge.

Eike Konopath

I am no longer able to devote time to “Gold Rush”, 1968 E23 MKI. If you can suggest how to find loving new owner, I’m all ears. Thanks.

Eike Konopath

HI Eiki,

Post the usual list of gear, condition, trailer if any, and lots of pictures, here: https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/forums/for-sale-wanted.3/

The photos can be thumbnails, which will expand on being chosen. If you have a broker, post that listing too.

Good luck and keep us posted if you need boat-sale experience/advice.
Thanks, Christian. I really just want to give her to someone who will care for her, not necessarily sell her. I’ll work on that posting.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
One minor caution, and it may or may not be true where you live.
If you advertise it with a low price, like maybe a few hundred $, you might get an offer for less, and then accept that and sell it. But if you say it's free, some potential buyers will pass on it because something "free" is viewed as flawed and worthless.

Like stuff at a garage sale, where the bin marked 'free' is ignored and all the 25 cent items get sold for a dime, after some haggling. Human nature is funny that way sometimes... :)

Cautionary blather aside, A good sincere ad might also find exactly the right person, and I can understand your motivation.

Last edited:

Filkee

Sustaining Member
My son asked if I would get it for him for Christmas. Which is cute but impractical (3,000) miles and all.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Like other smaller non profit yacht clubs, ours might like a donation boat to be used for training, instruction, and even day sailing for members. I know of a club up in Pt Angeles that has several boats for this purpose. Too bad you are so far away!
A good fast sailing vessel is wonderful for such purposes. You might inquire around your area.

K2MSmith

Sustaining Member
I am no longer able to devote time to “Gold Rush”, 1968 E23 MKI. If you can suggest how to find loving new owner, I’m all ears. Thanks.
HI Eike, I am in Sausalito also. I will ask around in my (small) circle of friends here and ask if there is anyone who would be a good recipient for a nice Ericson. I know some folks the belong to the Yacht club, riggers etc. If you could send me more info about it that would be great.

Eike Konopath

HI Eike, I am in Sausalito also. I will ask around in my (small) circle of friends here and ask if there is anyone who would be a good recipient for a nice Ericson. I know some folks the belong to the Yacht club, riggers etc. If you could send me more info about it that would be great.

Hi ! Got lots of pics and can gladly show you the boat. Let’s talk via email eike.winnie@yahoo.com.

Eike Konopath

Some pics

Attachments

• 144FEE13-0631-4F35-AEA3-3CC74AAAA6EA.jpeg
    144FEE13-0631-4F35-AEA3-3CC74AAAA6EA.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 30
  • B19ACC3F-87E3-4568-B154-5BF509AA3C52.jpeg
    B19ACC3F-87E3-4568-B154-5BF509AA3C52.jpeg
    219.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 63708F3A-4CC8-4D05-98CA-3B5F66DDB7FF.jpeg
    63708F3A-4CC8-4D05-98CA-3B5F66DDB7FF.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 29

Eike Konopath

Like other smaller non profit yacht clubs, ours might like a donation boat to be used for training, instruction, and even day sailing for members. I know of a club up in Pt Angeles that has several boats for this purpose. Too bad you are so far away!
A good fast sailing vessel is wonderful for such purposes. You might inquire around your area.
Thanks Loren,
That is a excellent idea , I will contact some sailing clubs around here to see if they are interested.
Eike

Esolo

I ended up with a Ericson 30. Looked like there were some much more in need out there for a free sail boat. Thanks.