• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hi everyone my name is Sean Linskey, I am a new member happy to meet you all!!

splinskey

I have a 1990 Ericson 34 with a wing keel, her name is Salsa.
The boat was flooded on its cradle when I bought it.
I have no owners manual, wondering if anybody knows the model number ? My guess is that it is a 34-2 ? i’ve been refurbishing it for the last 5 years.
And sailing it for three. This is my second Ericson, I owned a 32 when I was 23 and lived on it in San Diego. Any feedback would be great
I would like to find a schematic for the original Sails,
so I can compare it to my notes.
I am also looking for a used main and jib.
Thanks

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome aboard. Popeye and I calls yer boat a "Pacific Seacraft Ericson 34." Neither of us knows what PS called it.* The -II or -2 demarcation is sorta confusing given the evolution of Ericson names, which ranged through -2, -3, -200, 320 and so on. This is a long way to say "maybe somebody else knows."

The 34 manual we have available is dated 1986, which is probably pretty close. https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/resources/e34-owners-manual.81/

*Yes we do, the brochure is in the archives. PS called it the "Ericson 34 by Pacific SEacraft." ( https://ericsonyachts.org/ie/resources/e34-sales-brochure.82/ ) The brochure also lists apparent improvements including an improved fold-down instrument panel and molded-in water tanks. The brochure boat does not have a mast stepped, which sure does make it look roomy below....and is pure marketing sleight-of-hand.

Last edited:

splinskey

splinskey

Hi Christian, yes very confusing from what I was told it could be either built by Ericson or pacific seacraft they switched sometime in the middle of 1990 I believe. But I’m wondering if there was any changes to the original Ericson 34 By Pacific seacraft

goldenstate

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
If it's a '90 it is probably one of these, introduced in 1988:

The 200 series boats offered a double quarterberth and the head at the aft end of the boat. Three models were updated to this layout (38, 34, and 32). Interior pictures of your boat would confirm this.

Here is a similar discussion about the Pacific Seacraft transition point. My understanding was '91 and onward were Pacific Seacraft and anything before, was Ericson.

Cool that you got it out of the soaked cradle and back into the water.
You must have some time and love invested.

splinskey

The 200 series boats offered a double quarterberth and the head at the aft end of the boat. Three models were updated to this layout (38, 34, and 32). Interior pictures of your boat would confirm this.

Here is a similar discussion about the Pacific Seacraft transition point. My understanding was '91 and onward were Pacific Seacraft and anything before, was Ericson.

splinskey

Yes thank you,I will post you some pictures, sometime, it was quite a mess, it sat for one year with watering up to the engine filter And seat cushions. It was covered with black mold. Luckily I saved the engine, that was a $10,000 savings. :)

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Yes thank you,I will post you some pictures, sometime, it was quite a mess, it sat for one year with watering up to the engine filter And seat cushions. It was covered with black mold. Luckily I saved the engine, that was a $10,000 savings. :)
I have full empathy...I know (as well as most on this forum) what it takes in personal sweat and jewels to restore one of these beautiful Ericsons....still at it for the last 6 months and hope to be able to sail it routinely by mid summer instead of refurbishment. The reward will be there...just takes grit to do what you are undertaking. I can only congratulate you for what you have done thus far. I have learned so much from this forum...can't ever hope to repay in kind.

hanareddy

Member II
Hi Sean!

I'm new as well. Looking forward to your posts. This is a very good forum for getting advice and gaining insight.

Nancy

splinskey

Thank you for the information Golden State
Yes, I think you are 100% correct it’s a 34-2
Same cabin layout and the one you posted.
thanks

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Motored past you yesterday at LCYC. On the dock with my 32-3 and Coronado 15 today. Come say hello if you’re In the neighborhood.