• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

In and around Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Looking at the marinetraffic.com , it is very believable. They are lined up in Catalina channel and at least 30 ships are drifting west of Catalina! All the way to off shore of Malibu, It is a parking lot, but the ships are in constant motion.

This is a slow motion crisis unfolding in plain view.There is a disaster brewing, I fear. How long can those crews stay vigilant? Some of them have been at sea so long they left before vaccinations were available. Therefore, they may not enter the US. There is a little bit of weather brewing for Monday, too. Not bad mind you, but those monster ships have a lot of windage!
Maybe I did hear correctly, then. I'm still on my mooring at Avalon, leaving for San Pedro tomorrow morning. I've got the VHF on now and did not hear any update on specific numbers, but VTS is telling one ship after another to drift, and much of the time they are referring to doing so west of Catalina. So this is entirely consistent with what you are seeing on that website.