Information On Pacer Needed

Luckytar

Hello to All, I just bought what I believe to be one of the 11 Ericson 26-2/Pacers made. At least all of the specs for it match what I've found for the Pacer so far. Other than general specs and hull numbers, I've been unable to find any thing out about the Pacers. I can use anything that anyone has. That includes, sail-plans, hull lines, rigging specifications, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

P.S. I apologize if I should have placed this in the "Wanted" section instead.

Last edited:

Kevin Johnston

Member III
Welcome

Welcome aboard:
I don't know if you have found the download center yet but there is alot of info on E26 at the following link:

www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/local_links.php?catid=81

The information is not specific to the I or II though.
The owners registry here shows 38 members with E26's and 3 of those are in Oregon. If you or anyone on here knows when the E26-2 Pacers were produced than you could narrow the search to specific registered owners on this site.

Hopefully that helps and someone else with a E26-2 is watching.
KJ

Last edited:

Luckytar

Thanks for the help.

Thank you very much for the quick and helpful response. I've already downloaded as much as I can, but I haven't gotten around to pestering other members yet.

The production numbers list I have is from the eighty-seven and it shows that the E26-II/Pacer as the same boat with only 11 made with production stopping in 1968. The list also shows all later production E26s as being E26III's. The figures I've found for the eighties production boats show a much wider beam (9'-3") whereas the Pacer figures for my boat and what iboats.com has is a 6'-7" beam.

Thanks again for the big welcome and the help. I really appreciate it.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Old Boat

The only reference I can find on this model is on the 1968 E-26 ad in the Docs archive. The ad is actually for the 1968 26-NOT the Pacer. If you look at the bottom of the ad you will see a listing of (then) current models: the 23, the P26(Pacer), then the 26, etc.

I can't be sure, but it is possible the Pacer is a flush deck version of the same hull as the 1968 26, in which case you can compare those specs, but during my time at the factory, I never spoke to anyone with one of the Pacers, not was it ever mentioned by anyone on the staff during those years. Thus I can't say with any certainty that is what you have.

Obviously there are very few examples of this model. I wish we could be of more help, but good info will be hard to find..
Good luck!

S

Luckytar

Thanks a bunch, probably same type boat.

The photos and commentary in this earlier thread may be interesting.
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?t=1486&referrerid=28

Loren
Thank you Loren. I had seen that earlier. I've had my email server down for about a week and so I'm just now checking up on the site. I really appreciate your imput. By the way, that boat is exactly the same as mine (at least as far as I can tell from the pictures) with the exception of the hull number and the fac that that one is waaay cleaner than mine is right now.

Luckytar

Probably a P26 after all

The only reference I can find on this model is on the 1968 E-26 ad in the Docs archive. The ad is actually for the 1968 26-NOT the Pacer. If you look at the bottom of the ad you will see a listing of (then) current models: the 23, the P26(Pacer), then the 26, etc.

I can't be sure, but it is possible the Pacer is a flush deck version of the same hull as the 1968 26, in which case you can compare those specs, but during my time at the factory, I never spoke to anyone with one of the Pacers, not was it ever mentioned by anyone on the staff during those years. Thus I can't say with any certainty that is what you have.

Obviously there are very few examples of this model. I wish we could be of more help, but good info will be hard to find..
Good luck!

S

Thank you Seth. You're probably right. I think I've jumped to a conclusion about the E-26II being the same boat as the Pacer. The hull number list I have combines the E-26IIs with the Pacer. Or I should say that it lists the E-26IIs with Pacer being written in after the hull numbers.