Information, please....

I have just become the owner of a 1969 Ericson 30( I have found from this site that she is a 30-1). This boat is basically sound, but has been abused. In fact, abandoned by the owner after Hurricane Ivan and when he bought a new boat. I need information about the rudder. This is the model with the pretty stern and the rudder underneath rather than on the transom. She was allowed to wallow on a mudbank until the rudder was bent up under the stern. All of this will have to be replaced, but I would like to know what it looked like originally. I have seen pictures from the waterline up, but really need drawings or specs of some sort to direct me. Can anyone help? In spite of her condition at this time, Fawkes is a lovely boat--just lots of time, some elbow grease and that funny green stuff that can be so elusive at times should have her sailing again.

ted_reshetiloff

Contributing Partner
Best bet for a rudder would be to determine for certain which model it is. Then try contacting Bruce King for drawings. Others on this site may have plans but if not King is likely to be your best source. If your boat is in fact not a King designed model contact Foss. They made the rudders for a lot of Ericsons and I think are still in business. Another option would be to contact Phils Foils and have one designed. Both Foss and Phils should be able to build you one. You may also find cheaper options from a local shop.

http://www.newrudders.com/ (Foss site)

www.bkyd.com (Bruce King's site)