Installation of new head

Troy Gattis

Just moved the boat to a new marina that has water/power at my slip and now the captain wants a throne she doesn't have tote to dump.Anybody tackled this project, any drawbacks,or recomendations as to electric or manual flush or holding tank location on a 25+. I have all of the original documentation on the boat brochures,etc. just thought some of you might have better real life experience.:egrin:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
You know what I'm going to say...

Wilcox-Crittenden (4" bronze) or Groco (3" bronze). Manual pump (nothing to break down) with a good hose, Y, and hardware everywhere. Pump it three ways - out directly (if legal); the box then out (if legal) or into the holding tank and pump out. Put an inspection port into the tank and hose it out yearly.

Also - Put a filter on it, and a tee (on the inlet) so that you can pump fresh water through your sink (if you're in salt) so you can shoot your lines every night when you get home.

Do all that, and 'the head' will cease to be an issue on your boat.

//sse

noproblemo2

Member III
toilets/heads

AFTER 21 YEARS OF A MANUAL ON OUR E38 WE JUST MADE THE CHANGE TO A DUAL TOILET THAT CAN BE USED ELECTRICALLY OR WHEN AT THE ISLAND WE CAN SWITCH TO MANUAL.. DON'T KNOW WHY WE WAITED SO LONG TO DO THIS!!!

Graham Cole

The Zoomer
new head

And you guys think that you are taking things a bit far! Just ordered a Vacuflush for my 30+!
hee hee!
Graham Cole
'84 30+ Nomad