• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Instant coffee

gabriel

Live free or die hard
With the French press, is it a problem getting rid of the spent grounds? With a pour over it is easy to get them into the trash.
If you swirl the cleaning water as you pour it out the grinds stay suspended and most of the grounds and water pour easily into the ocean.

shard7

1974 E27 'Bluey'
For ease of getting rid of grounds, and a french press style coffee, an Aeropress is pretty good. It will compress the grounds into a little puck that is pretty easy to get rid of. You loose some of the oils in the coffee which supposedly add to flavor, but for limited water cleanup, it's a good option.
Agreed. I have a fancy schmancy espresso machine at home, but an aeropress seems to strike the right balance between great tasting coffee and the awkward reality of making coffee on an E27.

Michael Edwards

Member II
My vote goes to Keureg! During our haul out, this spring, I enjoyed cafe Cubano , Petes, Dunkin , Cafe DeEstella, hot cocoa, tea….

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Which hand grinder do you like?
I kinda trend towards the fancy side of coffee things, so don't balk, but the 1zpresso Q2 is good for small doses of coffee, good for an aeropress. I also have a Lido 3 which lets me grind a ton of beans if I'm gonna make a french press. The Timemore C2 is a popular one these days too, and relatively affordable, as far as fancy coffee equipment goes...