Insurance?

Captnemo8

Captnemo8
Hello everyone, I'm getting ready to put my money where my mouth is on a 72 35-2. Can't wait actually. My question is can anyone recommend a good insurance company? Any certain coverages a person should make sure he has??? Any info would be appreciated.
:egrin:

Matey

Member III
Boat U.S.

Makes 3 .. at least. When I bought my boat and shopped around for coverage, they were the best deal and had no squabble with a 37 year old boat. They originally would only cover me as a Port Risk (no navigational coverage) due to some large ticket items on my survey .. but wrote me a rider for coverage to move 70 miles to a Marina of my choice for repairs and they wrote one for another day so I could do some engine tests prior to my fuel tank install. That was cool.
We got into some detailed discussions when they wanted me to send them receipts, yard bills and have the boat re-surveyed after the extensive repairs though. After working my way up to the Underwriting Supervisor I was able to explain that I was the yard as I'd done the work myself, and that I was happy to provide the receipts, pictures and a detailed narrative on the repairs .. no more.
He still wasn't convinced. I said, look .. I'm a reasonable person. I'm asking you to be likewise. I've been repairing boats for 40 years. I'll be sailing with my family & friends aboard. Don't you agree I have a bigger interest in things being done right than a yard worker or insurance company ? Look at the stuff I send you and let me know what you think. They granted my coverage after review.:egrin:

I too, like the towing option(s)

Good Luck,
Greg