• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Interior rehab

jhaberli

interior upgrade

I went thru the pain of replacing the wood around my ports and the headliner in my 35-2. Let me tell you, that was a long summer.

I made patterns and use marine grade 1/4 plywood for the sides with white formica glued on. I cut out the ports after gluing in place. I had drilled holes where the ports were to aid in clamping.

For the headliner, I used luan with formica. I insulated before installing, and ran new wiring.

I wish I had known about this site before I had attacked this project!

John

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Hi Don,
She's an Ericson 31C we found languishing in La Paz that we
decided to save.

Nice job on your window replacement, BTW.

Martin

bigtyme805

Member III
Thanks Martin for the compliment coming from a guy who did something to that headliner that in my lifetime I would never tackle.

A guy learns something everyday, never knew Ericson made a 31c, knew they made the Independence 31. They dabbled in a wide range of sizes. It's a shame they don't make these boats anymore the lines on the them are phenominal. Pacific Seacraft could have really capitalized on the Ericson line but poor management sunk them. In fact the last a heard PSC may have gone under, that is what I heard. If anybody can confirm this please let me know.

Nova

1983 30+, Kemah, TX
Insulation

I went thru the pain of replacing the wood around my ports and the headliner in my 35-2. Let me tell you, that was a long summer.

I made patterns and use marine grade 1/4 plywood for the sides with white formica glued on. I cut out the ports after gluing in place. I had drilled holes where the ports were to aid in clamping.

For the headliner, I used luan with formica. I insulated before installing, and ran new wiring.

I wish I had known about this site before I had attacked this project!

John

John what did you use for insulation? Nova is pretty bare inside now and I am making plans to start the refurb. I am looking at lighting and wiring along with headliner options now. Insulation is one item that has me stuck. The foam under the old headliner was a mold factory :mad: and I don't want to replace it with anything that will retain moisture.:)

JMS

Member II
Thanks Martin for the compliment coming from a guy who did something to that headliner that in my lifetime I would never tackle.

A guy learns something everyday, never knew Ericson made a 31c, knew they made the Independence 31. They dabbled in a wide range of sizes. It's a shame they don't make these boats anymore the lines on the them are phenominal. Pacific Seacraft could have really capitalized on the Ericson line but poor management sunk them. In fact the last a heard PSC may have gone under, that is what I heard. If anybody can confirm this please let me know.

From Sailing Anarchy:

Pacific Seacraft 31 #129 leaves Fullerton Plant

July 16,2007, Fullerton CA

In the two months since Pacific Seacraft Corp was forced to seek Chapter 11 protection with the courts, activity at the plant has continued at a reduced level. A significant number of boats were on order and under construction at the time of the filing. Marking a milestone and symbolizing the commitment of management to the Pacific Seacraft brand name, the latest Pacific Seacraft (31-129) has just left the plant today, destined for our Dana Point, California dealer, Dream Catcher Yachts.

During this difficult period, management has been focusing on discussions with several parties interested in seeing this powerful brand name continue well into the future. Current management is anticipating a mutually acceptable agreement followed by the court’s approval of the reorganization plan in August or September.

We realize that “no news” can easily be assumed to be bad news. Our efforts are ongoing and continuous, but also subject to court approval and there are some legal limitations on what we can report. The outcome is not completely in our hands nor is it 100% predictable. We prefer to give you accurate news and assessments. In the ensuing few weeks we will be able to report to you more fully (and confidently) on the future of Pacific Seacraft.

Jerry Cann
Director of Marketing
Pacific Seacraft Corporation

and a follow-up post from Bob Perry (also on SA):

“I got a call from Pacific Seacraft yesterday saying they had received funding to stay in production. I was told to get ready to finish the work needed to get the new PSC 38 model into the tolling stage.”

Razz

Member I
Outstanding result!

I have all the same work to do on my 28+ since I removed the interior and am in the process of replacing portlights and such. Very nice job. I'll probably be pestering you later. Meanwhile... I'm sailing!