• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Just purchased a 1986 35-3 from the original owner in CT

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes:
The boat surveyed as solid. The owners were getting on in years so there is a good deal of deferred maintenance and updating to be done. And there are some repair projects that assure me I won’t have any problem filling my off-season spare time, among them remounting a slightly wiggly prop shaft strut. Still, the boat doesn’t have a lot of funky hack repairs and mods. We have a chance to do it the way we want. We’re really excited.

Thanks to everyone who has posted to this site. The information gleaned here was vital as we contemplated the purchase. And I’ve been bookmarking like crazy for future work. Let the games begin.

(In the mean time, the PO saved the literature for just about everything the boat ever got, so if there’s a document you need, let me know and if I have it I’ll post a PDF in resources.)

Kismet_4758.jpg
Kismet_4786.jpg

Chris Mc.

Member III
Congratulations. A little deferred maintenance can be a good or bad thing for a new owner. It all depends on your ability and desire. If you’re excited as I was to make the boat your way, you’ll enjoy physically making it your own.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Twin of mine...best of the best (kinda bias).......Except my mast and boom are flat black....Congradulations!!!

(Tried to upload a cell phone photo...but for the first time, said it was too large?)

Last edited:

Prairie Schooner

Twin of mine...best of the best (kinda bias).......Except my mast and boom are flat black....Congradulations!!!

(Tried to upload a cell phone photo...but for the first time, said it was too large?)
Thanks 'Tex'. Your posts have been really helpful, in the boat search, survey, and as we dig into bringing her back up to snuff.

sf1332

Member II
Congratulations! Looking forward to reading about your refit work. Hopefully I will be a new owner of E33RH in about 3 weeks, so will monitor your progress and learn from it.

Prairie Schooner

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading about your refit work. Hopefully I will be a new owner of E33RH in about 3 weeks, so will monitor your progress and learn from it.
Thanks 'sf'! It took us a little over a month from the first look until the closing. Good luck, I hope all goes well for you!
I hope you'll post about your projects. I've learned so much here already.

patrscoe

Member III
Congradulations. I have owned my Ericson for about 3 yrs now and I have been upgrading and fitting it out to meet my needs.
Nice sailboats that actually sail well... go figure.
This site is amazing, tons of information and great people that has helped me in many projects, if anything, bouncing something off someone with good input and thoughts.

p.gazibara

Member III
Congrats! Gotta love these old boats. Cinderella turned 50 this year! Also so long as we keep up with maintenance, I don’t see why these boats won’t last another 50.

Enjoy the boat,
-P

Chschaus

"Voila"
Hope your first season has been good, we have an 85 35 MKIII.
I'm going through and reparing a lot of deferred maintenance myself. Got the boat in the watter, but had to write off this season as it turned into more than I realized. We're also in CT, Westbrook, where are you out of?

Prairie Schooner

Hope your first season has been good, we have an 85 35 MKIII.
I'm going through and reparing a lot of deferred maintenance myself. Got the boat in the watter, but had to write off this season as it turned into more than I realized. We're also in CT, Westbrook, where are you out of?
Hello fellow E35-3 skipper! We didn't finalize the sale and get her to her new home until early August, then a bunch of things happened, good things but non-boating. We're just now getting out for some afternoon sails, with haul out in a couple weeks. Our main goal during this time was to use the boat enough to confirm/modify our work list for the off season.
The boat is currently on a mooring in Tiverton, RI. We're looking for a spot on the other side of Aquidneck Island for next year. It's a really tight market here for places to keep your boat. When we bought the boat she was at a little dockominium way up the Pawcatuck River. The first leg was just getting out of there, to keep it in Stonington for a few days. Then we went back and brought her 'home'.
I'd be interested in comparing work lists. Do you mind if I contact you through the 'conversation' function of this site?
Jeff

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
Hello fellow E35-3 skipper! We didn't finalize the sale and get her to her new home until early August, then a bunch of things happened, good things but non-boating. We're just now getting out for some afternoon sails, with haul out in a couple weeks. Our main goal during this time was to use the boat enough to confirm/modify our work list for the off season.
The boat is currently on a mooring in Tiverton, RI. We're looking for a spot on the other side of Aquidneck Island for next year. It's a really tight market here for places to keep your boat. When we bought the boat she was at a little dockominium way up the Pawcatuck River. The first leg was just getting out of there, to keep it in Stonington for a few days. Then we went back and brought her 'home'.
I'd be interested in comparing work lists. Do you mind if I contact you through the 'conversation' function of this site?
Jeff
If the two of you need some time on the water please call my friend Marcello who owns La Gondola Providence. This gondola company has strong ties to Venice and everyone who works there genuinely loves what they do.Try to go on a night when Providence is having one of their many"Water Fire" events. It's pretty amazing to be rowed past large floating fire pits along a mile of river while mellow world music is being piped throughout the area. If you're from Rhode Island there's a good chance that you know Marcello by his alter ego Matthew Haynes.

Prairie Schooner

If the two of you need some time on the water please call my friend Marcello who owns La Gondola Providence. This gondola company has strong ties to Venice and everyone who works there genuinely loves what they do.Try to go on a night when Providence is having one of their many"Water Fire" events. It's pretty amazing to be rowed past large floating fire pits along a mile of river while mellow world music is being piped throughout the area. If you're from Rhode Island there's a good chance that you know Marcello by his alter ego Matthew Haynes.
I've been to WaterFire a number of times but never treated myself to a gondola ride. Thanks for the tip Bepi!

Chschaus

"Voila"
Jeff
Any time Jeff

Ed Orlando

Member I
Hello E-35 Owners,

Can someone help me distinguish an E35-3 from an E35-2, from an E35-3RH and from an E-35 MKIII? Do you know the standing headroom in any of the E-35s?

Ed

Prairie Schooner

Hello E-35 Owners,

Can someone help me distinguish an E35-3 from an E35-2, from an E35-3RH and from an E-35 MKIII? Do you know the standing headroom in any of the E-35s?

Ed
Hi Ed,
I'm only a short time into Ericson ownership, but I'll hazard some thoughts. The Sailboat Data pages are a good place to start.
https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/ericson-35-1 PHRF New England 195 (these are handicap ratings for racing, lower number is faster boat)
https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/ericson-35-2 PHRF New England 150
https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/ericson-35-3 PHRF New England 123
Years of manufacture should tell you which one you are looking at if model designation isn't listed in an ad. I believe the switch from 35-2 to 35-3 resulted in quite a bit of additional interior room. Seems to be a much different boat. I can't address headroom specs, but I'm 5'9" and have plenty of headroom in our 'new' 35-3.
The other model I would have considered was the 34-2 which has an aft cabin rather than the 35-3's large-ish quarter berth.
Hope that helps,
Jeff