• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Lake Erie Cruise

woolamaloo

Member III
I was going to post this in "Show us your recent Ericson photos" but the Great Lakes area of our forum doesn't get much love. A couple weeks ago, I made a late season 10 day cruise in central Lake Erie. I like posting some photos to my web site. Here are a couple favorites.

attachment.php
attachment.php

You can see more of the pictures of my trip here: woolamaloo.com

Jim
Woolamaloo
1985 E30+ Hull #685

Attachments

• ontario1545.jpg
    ontario1545.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 166
  • ontario1591.jpg
    ontario1591.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 115

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Nice pix!
Lots of perch and a well deserved nap!
:)

Is your boat out of the water yet?

Loren

Last edited:

woolamaloo

Member III
Still shivering

Nice pix!
Lots of perch and a well deserved nap!
:)

Is your boat out of the water yet?

Loren

Practically every town on Lake Erie specializes in perch - or sometimes walleye. It's delicious and I can't seem to get enough.

I dock in Cleveland but winter in Vermilion, OH. It's about a six hour sail which I love. It puts nice bookends on my season. I cherry pick to get a good day and put it off as long as possible. But it's a risk. I actually felt sleet this morning. Last year, I did the season ending sail on October 30. My boat was pulled November 3. It was cold. I envy you year-rounders.

Jim

tripper_dave

Member II
A month on Lake erie

So we decided to flee the chaos that was the Pan Am Games in Toronto this past July and spent the month exploring Erie from Port Colborne to Pelee Island.
Amazing!
There is an account and pics in our club's magazine
qcyc.ca/sites/default/files/QCYC_files/members/clipper/2015%20%20October%20Clipper%20Final.pdf

Enjoy

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dave,
Nice writeup. No wonder they call it a Feature Article!
:egrin:

Interesting to see that your club is working on electrical upgrades. We just changed over three of our five walks to the new GFCI 30 amp breakers. Not cheap but a lot safer for anyone who might be in the water.

Loren

woolamaloo

Member III
So we decided to flee the chaos that was the Pan Am Games in Toronto this past July and spent the month exploring Erie from Port Colborne to Pelee Island.
Amazing!
There is an account and pics in our club's magazine
qcyc.ca/sites/default/files/QCYC_files/members/clipper/2015%20%20October%20Clipper%20Final.pdf

Enjoy

Dave,

Great article. We each mentioned eating perch four times.

Jim

woolamaloo

Member III
Lake Erie Cruise - 2016

A September solo trip has become a tradition for me. Here are some of my photos from this year's trip.

tenders

Innocent Bystander
Next time you should be sure to hit Erie, which has what many consider to be the nicest yacht club on the Lake.

woolamaloo

Member III
Next time you should be sure to hit Erie, which has what many consider to be the nicest yacht club on the Lake.

I stopped at Commodore Perry Yacht Club last year. It was very nice and the people welcoming. I was planning on stopping at Presque Isle Yacht Club this year but had to skip to get home before the weather. Which club would you recommend?

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Next time you get near Erie, PA let me know. My brother is a great sailor who started with a little trip from Miami to Hong Kong on a three masted square rigger at 18. He's always looking to sail on open waters.