• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Last night on "The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donald" MSNBC TV program >>>

1911tex

Sustaining Member
Bob Woodward was his guest discussing his new book "Rage" and among other things, talked about his editors that gave him assistance putting his book together...I almost fell off my chair when he mentioned, among others, our Christian Williams from L.A. the Sailing oeficionado...!

Last edited:

Bolo

Contributing Partner
We have a celebrity in our midst! Actually this is probably in the wrong forum and should be in "Raft Up" not "Maintenance & Mechanical". I think anything even slightly political is better tolerated there and I so want to keep politics out of this web site.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Bob, has a good point about the audience for a given forum, so I moved it.
I would not call it "political" tho... Bob Woodward is not a guy that 'spins' anything to sell anyone.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Kind of awkward. I really admire the forum for its self-imposed guard against politics. No bumper stickers here.

For the record, Woodward is a registered Republican and although I'm a registered Democrat, I have never revealed who I voted for to anybody, even spouse and family members, since stuffing a paper ballot into a cardboard box in Vermont in 1964.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Agree. This is a safe space in that regard. Still, a good editor is hard to find. He's lucky to have you. I'm a D. working for an R. Governor here in VT where I have counted more than a few ballots in my day. We can all play well together.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
A good editor is hard to find, no matter which side of the aisle. Next, we will see Christian in front of a Sub-Committee to testify about what he knew and when. [j/k]

We would not have a Constitution or country if the founders had been extremists like today and so unable to compromise.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
This is starting to sound like the post feast discussions we have in my family after our Thanksgiving dinner. I’m here for the sailing not for the politics. I go someplace else for that. ;)

fool

Member III
We would not have a Constitution or country if the founders had been extremists like today and so unable to compromise.

Hmmm... it took quite a compromise between Hamilton and Jefferson to get DC located where Washington had in mind. Those long haired rebels likely still have King George spinning in his grave. Pass the peas please...

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Yeah, and then there was that guy who owned the TV station in Atlanta. Christian is kind of a Zelig.