• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Machine shop in New England

gareth harris

Sustaining Member
Since I got no recommendations in NY, can anybody recommend a machine shop on the Atlantic Coast north of NYC? Somewhere in the Boston region would not be too far.

Since I need such items as a new tiller mount, pulpit and rails, and mast step, it would be far easier to use a shop which is familiar with sailboats.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I have found good machining and welding small job-shops by asking a boat yard manager for leads. Another great source has been local surveyors. Being a member of a small DIY-oriented all volunteer yacht club is another way to ask questions about this -- thru dock conversations, announcements at meetings, and nowadays thru the forums section of the club's web site.
Check the club's cork board regularly because local smaller shops will have satisfied customers posting up (usually hand written or modest printed) business cards, and also add your own "machining wanted" message, too.

Aside: a running joke at our club is that business cards are not only posted on a main cork board in the clubhouse, but that the important ones are on the small cork board above the urinal in the men's head... ! (No cartoons or jokes posted on that board...)
:)

Another long shot is to ask friends who are restoring old cars for leads.

Cbuydos

Member I
Can’t say enough about Marine Fabricators based out of Branford,CT.

Ask for Joe and tell him Chris & Jim Buydos sent you. Joe is a life long sailor and focuses on marine applications. He is more than fair with his pricing and he will always be up front and honest with your requests.

Now is the perfect time to book work with Joe, especially if you have a lot of work. He can be difficult to book come spring time.

It will be worth the trip!

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
I came across this recommendation in an old thread on hydraulic rebuilding. 'Only' five years ago. Post #24