• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Marina and Boatyard Reopenings

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Saturday night, Washpost and other sources:

New York, New Jersey and Connecticut have agreed to reopen marinas and boatyards for personal use, even as the tri-state alliance maintains the necessity of shelter-at-home orders.

The three states’ governors announced Saturday that the maritime activities would be permitted as long as people adhere to “strict” social distancing and sanitization procedures. Watercraft rentals are still prohibited and restaurants near these sites must open only for takeout and delivery.

Last edited:

Afrakes

Sustaining Member
In up-upstate NY the majority of the members at the marina, where I keep my boat, are Canadian. The border is still closed except for essential travel. Our marina usually opens by the 15th. of May. Hopefully border restrictions will ease by then.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
I got an email last week that the marina (Port Annapolis Marina) where I keep my boat in Annapolis, MD is allowing their staff to work on boats (as long as they take the usual precautions) and that owners are also allowed to work on their own boats. Mine is suppose to be launch on or around April 28th. Still can go out for a sail yet. So, I’m going to my boat next week to do some bottom work. Don’t expect to interact with many people, if at all.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Just heard on the radio (WTOP) today that the Governor is expected to announce Maryland will probably allow recreational boating again soon.

Filkee

Sustaining Member
Vermont: Boats can launch but marinas are closed. And because the yard crew is working we're not allowed in the yard. It's mixed but it's progress. I can paint the bottom next year.

paul culver

Member III
Oceanside CA reopened last Saturday and the admiral and I played with the dolphins Monday.
As a Ph.D. biologist I have contrarian opinions about the shut-down but probably best not to discuss them here. I'm just relishing the return of personal freedom!

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
WA recreational boating kicks off again soon, crews limited to solo endeavors, immediate family, etc.

I inherited running the local beer can race this year and am kicking it off next week, with a stern reminder to follow local, state, federal, and common sense requrements.

Tin Kicker

Sustaining Member
Yesterday was packed on the land side at our marina. It's mostly trailer boats where mine is and everybody was working to get their boats ready for the weekend.