• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Message blocked

Teranodon

Member III
I got a message from "Sailing ixion" and tried to reply. Came back "Message Blocked". Same when I tried to send him a fresh message. Can you help? Thanks.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I can look at this when I get back home mid week - on the road now with sketchy wifi.
Meantime, better to drop you request to Sean Engle.
Take care,
Loren

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
I got a message from "Sailing ixion" and tried to reply. Came back "Message Blocked". Same when I tried to send him a fresh message. Can you help? Thanks.
Just noted the time/date stamp on this thread - sorry for the late reply. Wife has been out of town and I've been on a tear since the weekend to clean the house in preparation for her return.

In regard to the issue - huh. Well, congrats on this, it's a new one. Ok, let me take a look at this tonight and I'll get back to you later on with what I've found. On the surface, my initial guess would be that the user you are trying to contact has disallowed IM contact (or does not understand what that means). If that's the case, I will send him a note, telling him that you are reaching out, etc. Either way, I'll get back to you in a couple of hours.

//sse

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Huh. I looked at their account and did not find anything out of line. I have sent them an email and a link to this thread. I will also initiate a conversation between the four of us so I can see the response, etc.

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Just a follow up on this thread, so it's complete and anyone reading it in the future understands what happened.

User got an email from the system telling him that someone had replied to a conversation he had started with another user. He attempted to reply directly to the email rather than go to the site and into the instant messaging service ('Conversations', the little envelope icon above). When he replied via email, it went back to the server and bounced and was blocked.

As a reminder (to all readers), please know that when you get updates on threads or notices of these types of messages, they are only notices of that event/message and not the actual thread or message. Meaning, you must go to the site to respond to it. Otherwise, you are only responding to the notification and it will bounce.

That's it for now.

Last edited: