• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Mosquitoes in Maine?

gadangit

Member III
My first attempt at netting on the awkward variable geometry. I opted to not do a framed screen on the inside
Just a large circle of no-see-um net with a 2" nylon web sewn into a tube and filled with lead shot. Probably as stylish as
wearing that suit!
Chris
20200320_085432.jpg

kapnkd

kapnkd
My first attempt at netting on the awkward variable geometry. I opted to not do a framed screen on the inside
Just a large circle of no-see-um net with a 2" nylon web sewn into a tube and filled with lead shot. Probably as stylish as
wearing that suit!
Chris
View attachment 32913

Stylish doesn’t count near as much as that it works....especially when it comes to mosquitos!

gadangit

Member III
I made a more fitted version for the hatch that I like more. It was more work, but used less material. I'll make a duplicate for the other hatch minus a bit of perimeter at the bottom.
I moved the simple circle over to the companionway which I am calling good enough. I'll make another simple circle for the head hatch and call this a wrap.

20200322_125830.jpg20200322_125905.jpgI hope the mosquitoes don't mind that I used navy blue thread on my black fabric.