New User Ranks/Titles?

Are new user titles/ranks of interest to you?

• Yes - I would like to see some new titles/ranks for users.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No - I like the existing title scheme as it is.

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • N/A - I use my own custom title so its NBD...

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Titles?? Who cares...I've got better things to do!

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
As you guys may remember, there exists on this site an automated sequence of 'user classifications' or 'titles' dependent upon the number of posts you've made:

The titles shown are actually based on the number of posts a person has placed (with the exception of the moderators). Right now, these titles and number of required posts are :

New Member 0
Contributing Member I 10
Contributing Member II
Contributing Member III 40
Sustaining Member 75
Contributing Partner 100
Sustaining Partner 200
Principal Partner 300

As the boards are more and more populated, the titles could be adjusted again - or they can be changed all together, etc... The general idea is to provide some recognition to those members who are frequently involved with the boards and the site itself.

Now that we've past 30,000 posts, I'm wondering if you guys are interested in new titles - and if so, suggestions on what they would be...

Please respond to the attached poll to indicate if you are interested in new titles, like the old titles or really could give a rip about the entire thing. If enough people want new titles, then we can start chatting about it, etc...

Thanks,
//sse

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
User classifications

I've always used the names of body parts as titles and find it very effective. :egrin:

I've also found that others use them for me.

Jerry

Inactive Member
Titles??

Being a new member I also wondered about the titles. Coming from another site (Hunter), I soon found out which memebers were active and which were not. You also learn the personalities of the members and which members have something worth saying (or not).

Along with my new old E25, I'm happy to say that this site has been positive thus far.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
following our tracks...

Being a new member I also wondered about the titles. Coming from another site (Hunter), I soon found out which memebers were active and which were not. You also learn the personalities of the members and which members have something worth saying (or not).

Jerry, you can also gain an overview of the activities of our members by clicking on Members List, above these threads in the blue bar. By clicking on each column you can orient the columns to see who posts more or less, and by joining date.
The fact that I post a lot, for instance, just proves that quantity is no substitute for quality!
:)

Fair Winds,
Loren

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Ok - so it's looking like 85% of you could give a rip about titles, so I'm going to leave well enough alone for now and drop this to the bottom of the priority list.

If you would like to have a custom title, please visit your User Control Panel ('UserCP' button, upper left after logging in) and then follow the link to 'Edit Profile' - and then 'Optional Information' - you'll see it.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll!

//sse

Status
Not open for further replies.