O-34 in Calif.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...&slim=broker&&hosturl=jimfoyer&&ywo=jimfoyer&

I have no interest, financial or otherwise... but finding any of the 39 of these that were built for sale is rare. :cool:

From the photos, it appears very stock. The description appears to be in error in some details, like the beam, which is really 10'10". They have the designer wrong, also, as that design was, AFAIK, an in-house design, by Pacific Boats, based on their Schumacher-designed Olson 911s. Ericson built all but hull #1 of this design when they bought up assets of Pacific Boats in '88.

Happy shopping.
Loren

Attachments

• Olson34-for-sale.jpg
    Olson34-for-sale.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

GHarbor10

Survey Available

If anyone would like to purchase a survey I had done on this boat on 6/11/08, please contact me. Price negotiable.

Last edited:

FullTilt E28

Member III
Looks like its basically sold already

Too bad we have a number of O34's up in SF at Richmond YC would have been nice if the owner had let the RYC folks know about it.

I did the Pac Cup in 2000 on an O34 great boat and 34K is a steal. Though guessing original rudder which needs to be replaced if thats the case. No mention of sails so guessing those are shot also. Interior looks clean.

Just a tip we broke our prop strut right before the Pac Cup during the repair we discovered the strut was mounted in puddy not glass! Seems someone took a large hole saw then realised the prop strut needed to bolt to something so the filled the hole with puddy then mounted the prop strut. Yikes!!!! We were very glad to know the new prop strut was mounted to freshly laid glass where the hole was. Other than that very nice boat!

GHarbor10

Olson 34

Don't get me wrong. This boat is still for sale (although it is again listed as "Sale Pending.") And the listed price is $49,500.

Survey still for sale.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
"sold"

Per the Yachtworld site today, the boat is sold.

Loren

Last edited:

u079721

Contributing Partner
What was up with the offer to "sell" a copy of the survey? I would think it would just be good marketing to post the results of a recent survey for all to read. It this a common practice I have somehow missed?

GHarbor10

What was up with the offer to "sell" a copy of the survey? I would think it would just be good marketing to post the results of a recent survey for all to read. It this a common practice I have somehow missed?

Because I am not marketing the boat.

I WAS a prospective buyer until I had the boat surveyed. I was trying to save someone else some money if they wanted a sneak peek at what was wrong with the boat.

And yes, selling a prior survey is not all that uncommon.

buzzliteyear

Boat

I bought the Olson 34. I had a new survey done, the boat is in great shape with just minor work needed. It is in San Diego. Are there any other Olson 34's in San Diego?
Buzzliteyear