• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Olson 34 Winged Keel info

kevinmccoole

It's been over a year since the purchase...

So, how does it sail?

Regards,
Loren
Hi Loren - Been a looonnnggg time since I've been on this site so I apologize for the tardiness! The boat sails excellent and I really do not seen much difference in pointing capability except when it is blowing above 15. As long as we have a good start and crew work, we are consistently in the money. Our racing fleet includes J105, J133, 3 Frers 30s, J30, Custom C&C 42, Tripp 36, J42, and Mirage 332. It's quite the "classic plastic" racing fleet.

I am now thinking about installing a Trogear Bowsprit and I see that there are at least two Olson 34s that have installed them: Loki and Shoe String. Do you happen to know who the owners are and if they are part of this forum?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin
Here Comes The Sun

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am now thinking about installing a Trogear Bowsprit and I see that there are at least two Olson 34s that have installed them: Loki and Shoe String. Do you happen to know who the owners are and if they are part of this forum?
Both of them have posted here before.
Jay in Chicago posts under the name 'Grizz' and you might do a search on 'loki'.
Jay's boat is also pictured on the Trogear web site.
Try a search here on bow sprits, also.

A search on 'trogear' yielded this one--

CTOlsen

Member III
Hello guys, I've sent pix and a brief description of my Sparcraft sprit to Kevin. Always glad to share info.