Olson911se

Geno1941

There are 3 shrouds on each side but only two connection on each side of deck. How do I connect the lower. This boat has been out of water for more than 20 years. Fun trying to resurrect it.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to the Ericson/Olson world!
I wish I could post up a photo of one, but the one in my little YC sold and left with a new owner. Another owner should be checking in by n by, tho.
Cheers,
Loren

Slick470

Member III
Not the best pictures, but for some reason it's the best I have at home. The three shrouds have U-shackles on the ends and there is a pin that goes between the two deck plates. The middle U-shackle has a narrower opening than the two outer ones, so the factory machined the pin to that it has a step in the middle. We re-did our standing rigging a few years ago and the rigger had new ones machined as the old ones had a bit of a bend to them.

1702004915477.png1702005564025.png

Geno1941

We will send you pics. Of Spirit as soon as we get her out of the marina. It’s been more than twenty years since this boat was in the water.

Slick470

Member III
Thank you. The second picture looks like what we will have to do.
Both pictures are of the same condition, just rotated differently.

Happy to help with anything as it comes up, either on here or the Facebook group. Lots of Olson 911 owners and former owners in both places, so both should be pretty good resources for you. Ericson used a lot of common parts on boats that were built around the same time as well.

Geno1941

Both pictures are of the same condition, just rotated differently.

Happy to help with anything as it comes up, either on here or the Facebook group. Lots of Olson 911 owners and former owners in both places, so both should be pretty good resources for you. Ericson used a lot of common parts on boats that were built around the same time as well.
Again thanks our shrouds are hooked up now.