Olympic Sailing

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Sorry, "Boats" was deleted at 11:36:43 Tue Aug 7, 2012.

"Page not found

Sorry, "Boats" was deleted at 11:36:43 Tue Aug 7, 2012.
Vimeo has removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by International Olympic Committee claiming that this material is infringing: Boats."

:mad:

chtaylor

Member II
Does anyone know where/how to view Olympic sailing? NBC doesn't have any coverage scheduled. My 8 yr. old daughter is taking sailing lessons and I'd like her to be able to watch.

Thanks,

Charles

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
"NBC does not have any television programming scheduled for any sailing event"

This Sucks! :mad:

"The schedule for the sailing events is extensive because there are so many races. As of right now, NBC does not have any television programming scheduled for any sailing event, although there is a disclaimer that says the programming could change at any time.

To see if the sailing events below will be televised, continue to check here."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/2012-olympics-tv-schedule-sailing-181100660--oly.html

CaptDan

Member III
Plain Facts Dept:

You like sailing; I like sailing. The networks? Not so much. To them, the sport is more mind numbing than watching paint dry. Further, covering a sailing event in a visually interesting way (choppers, POV cams, etc) takes time and money - things the networks believe aren't justified by a substantial enough audience.

Televised sports must feature action, violence, and a good measure of easily recognized winners & losers. Sailing accomodates little or none of that, deficiencies certain to lose networks sponsorship money.

As of now, only three days of next year's America' Cup will be covered by NBC. Don't know about ESPN or the others though.

Okay, back to more positive things - like going sailing.:)

Oh - and: YMMV

Capt Dan G> E35II "Kunu"

clp

Member III
MY GOD!! It couldn't have been any more funny if Larry, Daryl, and Daryl had done it....