Placing Stands on an E25 CB

Joe

Member II
Can anyone tell me where to obtain information about where to place 'dry' or 'yard storage' stands -- to do bottom painting and inspect the centerboard.

Thanks...

Rob Hessenius

Inactive Member
Jack Stands

Joe- You can buy the stands from West Marine for about $120 a piece. Buy 4 of the short power boat stands model # 247256. Then get yourself a 3'X3' foam block and saw a V into it for the bow. You will also need some wood blocks for the transom, just forward of the CB. When the boat is in the travel lift slings inspect or remove the CB. You must first prepare the CB tackle inside the cabin. Have the yard first set the boat on its belly, I put a 1'X4" piece of pink insulation board down, then put the block of foam with the V into it at the bow. Then build up with the wood blocks on the center of the back of the boat just fore of the CB. The 2 stands should be slid into the side right even with the aft of the cabin, there is a bulkhead right there. The 2 other stands should be placed on the bulkhead in the V- berth. If you can wait a week or so I can send you some pics. Call me if you need some hewlp on getting Jack stands 920.203.1876 Rob Hessenius