Guest viewing is limited

portlights for ericson 34-2

dwilde

Have a 1988 ericson 34-2 built by pacific seacraft. The (somewhat) trapezoid portlights have been replaced by previous owner and would like to get the original ones back in. Does anyone know where I could find originals or have new ones made?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
If legend and memory serves, those were a custom production run by Lewmar, to provide the long-time-classic Ericson Bruce King 'look'.

That option, from an affordable standpoint, probably went away in the 90's.
In modern times there are companies that will routinely make custom aluminum framed boat (and RV) windows. i.e. fixed ports.

There is one company near us, https://www.motionwindows.com/marine-windows/ , that builds custom portlights, and I know of some boats with their product with the dark safety glass lens, Nice looking but I am not sure that they can bend the aluminum framing material to the sharp angle of the EY - Lewmar trapezoidal ports.

Plan B (strictly IMO) would be to use external lens' like the factory did for the Olson's and that's I have seen some 70's Ericson's where the whole window was replaced. Our boat was spec'd out with Lexan polycarbonate lens' and we have replaced them approx. every couple decades due to hazing. Never a leak, partly due to having no lens-to-frame place for a leak to occur.

Note the last picture in that set. They do look awesome and yeah, I would say that. :)

BTW... if you have an '88 Ericson 32-2, it was built by Ericson Yachts. Or did you mean a 1998?

dwilde

Wow those look amazing! That is somewhat how mine have been corrected only a few more screws have been used.
As for builder that is a point of confusion and contradiction from things I have read. I believe mine is this ericson 34 built by pacific seacraft

Attachments

• 20221001_074755.jpg
    20221001_074755.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220922_070537_resized.jpg
    20220922_070537_resized.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 13