• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Prospective 35-2 owner

Brettcontreras

Hi all,

I am new to the Ericson website and discussion group, but I am hoping to find some help here. I am contemplating the purchase of a 1973 Ericson 35(I'm guessing it's a MK2?), hull # 275. I'm seeking advice on what to look for on this particular boat before purchasing it. The boat has the original atomic 4, wheel steering, and pretty much needs work throughout.

I am not necessarily new to sailing, I have a Columbia 26MKII currently, and I' would like to move up to a larger boat.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett Contreras

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Brett -

Good choice in the E35! There are a number of review articles in the Specs & Documents\Document Index you can look at, as well as the email addresses for existing E35-2 owners. There are also a couple of posts about the E35 qualities, etc.

Thanks,
//sse

Brettcontreras

Sean,

Thanks, I checked out the reviews and all the post I coul find. That will give me a good start.

Do you know what the distinction is between a 35-1 and a 35-2? I'm curious, as the boat I am looking at is a '73 E35, and I assumed it is a MK2, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks,

Brett Contreras

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Hey Brett -

The best people to ask about this are the E35-2 owners. I know that the original design had an Atomic 4 gas engine in the salon (below the aft portion of the settee) and a couple of other things.

My boat is a 35-3 (which I can tell you lots about - as that's the boat I did the research on). Did you read the PS review on the 35-2?

Thanks,
//sse

Brettcontreras

Sean,

Thanks, I'll try and find some 35-2 owners on the site and ask them. The boat does have an Atomic 4 gas engine.

I did read the 35-2 review in the docs section, it helped a lot.

By the way, great job on the web site. It's really nice to have access to all the information and other Ericson owners!

Thanks,

Brett

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Sure, no problem - I'm glad you found it useful. When I was considering buying an Ericson, I was a little annoyed how difficult it was to locate information, so I created this site. Now I just have to get more of the owners to give it a try.

I appreciate your comments - thanks.

//sse