Public Profile Info - Now Required

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
As of today, we are requiring that the 'Public Profile' portion of the user accounts be completed by all users at the time of registration.

If you have an existing account, please login, and then go to the User Control Panel (small 'User CP' button upper left after logging in), and then 'Edit Profile' and complete the three lines of data.

Basically, we ask this of our users so that we have a better idea of who we're speaking to. If you're nervous about security, or otherwise wish to stay anonymous, you can be very vague - however, please do list your city and state so we have some idea of where you are, etc.

As usual, if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me off line, or comment here...

Thanks!
//sse

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I like the new requirement. Of course I would not advise anyone to put too much really personal stuff out there, like their year of birth or phone number...
but I *really* wish they would post their boat model and city or sailing location. Oh yeah, and a valid email addy.

I note that they might even own another kind of boat, and they just like this site. That is fine with me, as it reflects so well on the informative and civil nature of the sailors here.

Cheers,
Loren in Portland, OR

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
...I note that they might own another kind of boat, and they just like the information-sharing we all like so well...
Cheers,
Loren in Portland, OR

Good point. I'll append the make/model description to include other types of sailboats. As long as it's not a Bayliner! :p

//sse

noproblemo2

Member III
These new requirements should pose no problems for anyone, when used with discretion, and are welcomed on our parts in this age of technology, whatever can be done to protect our web site should be welcomed by all.:clap: :thepaw: :thepaw: :clap:

wurzner

Member III
Sean,

Great move!. So often I read a post and click to find out boat/location info to no avail. In addition, if they don't have too much info or are concerned about security, I could always give them my west advantage number to fill in the blanks!

Good move.
shaun