Raw pump Q

morning star

Greetings to everyone. I am quite a distance from my 1980 38’ Ericsson with Universal 5432 engine. I hope I can “blindly” order the correct Oberdorfer raw water pump impeller. If you happen to know a source or part number to order, will you enlighten me please ?
I realize it is a bit foolhardy to order parts without the pump at hand, but I am a hardy at heart.
I thank everyone for this wonderful forum.
Sincerely,
Morning Star and her crew.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
If you have a picture of the front of the engine, posting it might help. I can get you a part number from my recent impeller purchase after a trip to the boat this afternoon. My engine uses a -7 pump and needs a paper gasket for the cover.

morning star

If you have a picture of the front of the engine, posting it might help. I can get you a part number from my recent impeller purchase after a trip to the boat this afternoon. My engine uses a -7 pump and needs a paper gasket for the cover.
Belated Thank You foot rope, I have been away from the computer. I will grab a pic and the impeller measurements too. I was disappointed the most recent impeller spun its hub within 20 hours of installation. The drive-shaft turns but the impeller no longer.
Sincerely,

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
You might give StayCoolPumps a call - https://www.staycoolpumps.com/index.html

He helped me troubleshoot an issue I was having with my impeller and I bought two new impellers for my pump for $16/each. I can't speak for his blind knowledge of your pump, but it might be worth a try.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
Belated Thank You foot rope, I have been away from the computer. I will grab a pic and the impeller measurements too. I was disappointed the most recent impeller spun its hub within 20 hours of installation. The drive-shaft turns but the impeller no longer.
Sincerely,
Wow. I recently had a brand new impeller do the same (failed after 20 minutes). I bought it from Catalina Direct. I ended up returning the failed unit and a spare I purchased. Sounds like maybe there is bad batch of these. I ended up using previously replaced impeller that was still in pretty good shape and had a different hub design from the failed unit.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I bought my last two from Defender.com.
Item #: 500540
Brand: Oberdorfer
Model #: 6593
My pump is a 202M-07

Fits Oberdorfer Pump model numbers 201M, 202M, 202M-3, 211M, and 214M. Liquids compatible with neoprene can be pumped including fresh and saltwater solutions and mild chemicals. Do not pump gasoline, sever solvents or acids. When possible flush pump/impeller with fresh water after useage

Features:

• 1/2" Shaft Diameter
  • 7/8" Width
  • Drive Type: D Hole ( Single Flat Drive )

Attachments

• 20210917_133446.jpg
    20210917_133446.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 2