Replacing Windows on an 88 E32-200

mjn

Member I
Crackled windows and hatches with some leaks here and there. Are there known replacements/lights and gaskets?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Crackled windows and hatches with some leaks here and there. Are there known replacements/lights and gaskets?

Lewmar probably still distributes replacement lenses and gaskets for their ports.
A company on the East coast, Select Plastics, can re-lens your hatches.
I have not (yet...) done this stuff on our '88 model, but my ports will be needing some new gaskets in the next few years.
However, over the last 15 years, I have replaced both my fore hatch and vent hatch with new Lewmar hatches.

This earlier thread may help you, too.
http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexchange/showthread.php?2940-Lewmar-Port-Gaskets

Loren

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
You came to the right place

I've replaced the fixed ports on my 32-200 with Boman. Expensive but worth every penny. The glass and gaskets for opening ports can be replaced with parts from Catalina Direct (very of affordable). The hatches can be rebuilt by sending to Select Plastics or you can read Christian William's blog about his experience rebuilding those ( he even has a video showing the rebuild). He's tied up right now sailing his 32 singlehanded back from Hawaii. How cool is that?:)

Last edited:

Blue Chip

Member III
crazed windows

I'm in the process of replacing the"plastic" in the 7 opening portlights on our 1990 32-200.I will remove the "flip up" window from the boat...leaving the hinge still attached to the boat. I will then take the "locks" off the windows and put them on a new piece of gray toned plastic (acrylic?) and then attach the whole thing back on the hinges. It will cost about $38.00 a window and NO MORE CRAZED WINDOWS. The windows are srill VERY watertight so no sense replacing the whole thing for a mosgly cosmetic reason. IMHO

lnill

Member III
I bought replacement lenses and gaskets for my '87 38-200 from defender. I have not actually installed the gaskets yet because I have no leaks with the old ones. The only lenses they have are clear (no tint).

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Gasket warning

Select Plastics did a great job on rebuilding and reglazing both my hatches. They also sell lenses and rubber gasket material (by the foot) for the port holes. There is an "old gasket" size and a "new gasket" size. My 1988 uses the old style. Make sure you get the right thickness for your model. They are not interchangeable.

Larry Lee
Annabel Lee
E 32-200
Savannah, Ga