Revival of Ericson Nonskid Decks [Master Thread]

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Sharanov:

1. How did you prep the surface? Did you grind off original non-skid or applied over? If over, did you just clean it with soap/solvent or lightly sanded as well? I Just cleaned it with soap and water.

1. Did you color-match it? Manufacturer advises against "paint shop" type tints but folks apparently had success with some sort of "industrial" tint. I left it white. The rest of the cockpit is slightly off white.

1. How well does it hold up to wear? It's only been on a few months, but I sail a lot. Wear= 8.5/10
  2. Did their proprietary anti-skid additive stay uniform or end up in the nonskid valleys just like sand would? Uniform.
  3. Does it clean up well? Some (all?) nonskid paints trap dirt and are impossible to clean up. Yes, compared to sand. It seems there are no jagged edges to the surface and it cleans easily and well.
  4. Could you post a few closeup pictures? No pics but it looks just like the one in Chris's pic.\

I rolled it on with a 3" small foam roller. about the same difficulty or ease as paint. 2 coats. Very even distribution and finish of gritty material. Very good grip dry or wet.
Hi Bill,
At six years out, what are your thoughts on the product? How has it held up? How does it look?
Thanks,
Jeff