• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Rub Rail

Kim Schoedel

Member III
A fellow 1984 35 Mklll owner at our Marina asked me to find out how and where to purchase replacement rub rails. His are a bit beat up from the PO.

They appear to be aluminum and are attached with screws.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Thanks a bunch Tom. I appreciate your suggestion and have pased it on to my buddy at the marina. He is a bit challenged when it comes to the Internet.

HughHarv

Hugh
Another idea: Remove the rubrails, permanently. I removed the aluminum looking rubrails on my Er39 and shaved the reamains of the outward turning flange off. Working on fairing out the results now. Turns out the rubrail is made of plastic, also found many of the screws had penetrated hull and that was cause of more than one leak to interior of boat.

GreenFlash35

Hello, we're an Ericson 35II and 34 year's old. We've had a leaky quarter birth since we bought her over two year's and 2000 miles ago. After removing the rub rail we discovered a crack one inch tall and one foot long, alongside the rub rail and just under the toe rail. We plan on glassing from bottom of stripe to under toe rail on outside and go large as possible on the inside. Has anybody else have any further suggestions? We want this repair to be strong enough to race across oceans THANKS

CSMcKillip

Might be worth a shot, I replaced all of the rub rail on our Capri, I used Catilina Direct to purchace 8' sections of aluminum, and went around the boat replacing all of the sections, the rubber rail part is snapped into the Chanel and needs to be heated up to snap in, it gave the boat look brand new.

For the glass repair the norm is a 1 to 12 champher, small layers not to cook the resin. You have any photos of the damaged section? I also reglasses a side of a hull to deck joint 6" by 3'

Just takes time, and wear the correct stuff to protect yourself- MEKP is some nasty stuff