rubrail

InSync

Member II
Rubrail replacement

We purchased a 1974 ericson 32 in San Diego last year and the PO had done a ton of work on her, including replacing the rub rail. Among the manuals on board was one for a company called Taco metals out of Miami. Their brochure boasts "original factory rubrail replacement selection guide", the web site is tacomarine com, email is handyhank@tacomarine.com and phone is 800.653.8568. The rubrail that was used on our boat appears to be either part number V11-9752 or V21-0426 I am guessing that as that was the page that had the corner folded over and either looks about right (although the first part number looks a bit more accurate). Wish I could be definitive but this should give you another resource to look at. We estimate the rub rail to have been installed in 1998 and it looks great. No chalking or discoloration.

DynamicDave

Member I
I've replace the rubrail on my '76 32-2 with.....

Once again, Catalina Direct grey VINYL rubrail fits perfectly. When I last researched RUBBER rail replacements, they were 3 bucks/', came in black or white, had no UV protection and cost an arm to ship. The Cat Direct grey looks very good on the grey rubrail trac, installed easily and came in 100$ less than the other guys. 165$ for the whole boat w/ lots to spare. They claim to have UV inhibitors in the chemical mix! Got lucky again. db

Vagabond39

Member III
I have a 1984 ericson 35 mk-3 #166 hAS ANEYBODY FOUND A OUTLET FOR FACTORY RUBRAIL
A search for rubrail on this site turned up this post.
90 Feet of Ericson Rubber Rubrail I found on another website
In the course of doing some interet sailing, I came across the following Ericson rubrail for sale.

Not affiliated with the add, just passing it along in the event anyone if looking for rubrail.

regards
shaun

http://www.sailboatowners.com/gear/display.tpl?
fno=400&gid=73301733440.5
I hope that helps.:egrin::egrin:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Once again, Catalina Direct grey VINYL rubrail fits perfectly. When I last researched RUBBER rail replacements, they were 3 bucks/', came in black or white, had no UV protection and cost an arm to ship. The Cat Direct grey looks very good on the grey rubrail trac, installed easily and came in 100$ less than the other guys. 165$ for the whole boat w/ lots to spare. They claim to have UV inhibitors in the chemical mix! Got lucky again. db

Dave, the rubrail on the 80's 35s used a solid aluminum extrusion with no rubber insert.

Shaun, that link does not work.

chtaylor

Member II

Dave,

Which of the gray rubrails listed on the Catalina site did you use? I have the same boat as you and want to replace my rubrail.

Thanks,

Charles