• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Signet Instrument Display Cover - Free plus shipping

markvone

Sustaining Member
Found in my spare parts. Great shape, still soft and flexible. Should only cost a couple of bucks to ship.

Mark
IMG_9974.JPG

woolamaloo

Member III
My Signet covers were in almost perfect condition - until one bumpy day I trod upon one of them coming down the companionway. So, I 3D printed new ones. They turned out pretty well and they've held up perfectly in the sun and rain for 2 seasons. Each one cost about $1.38 in materials.
With-No-Covers.jpg3D-Printer-Covers.jpg

woolamaloo

Member III
Do you have some sort of 3D scanner?
No scanner. I have calipers on board. I measured the instuments precisely and then modeled the new covers in a free 3D CAD program called Fusion 360. Then, I moved my model into another free program called Ultimaker Cura where the model is broken down into instructions for the 3D printer. The 3D printer takes the instructions and prints one cover in about 7 hours with a plastic called PLA (Polylactic acid). PLA is a rigid plastic made from corn starch and/or sugar cane. The printer I used is called a Creality Ender 3 that I bought about 2 years ago for $200. It's a fairly inexpensive hobby and I'm fascinated by it.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
I think the Signet covers are the same size as the old Folgers Coffee can covers! I paid $6 each for two about 5 years ago. It kind-of felt good supporting a small family business that has been around so long.