• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Spent the night aboard working on the engine...discovered something new to me...

1911tex

Sustaining Member
It started raining like crazy...sitting next to the mast in the Solon resting,, I put my ear to the mast...interesting sounds from the howling wind and rain...like listening to a conch shell...Never thought the mast could talk from the inside!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, lots of openings - the reason why you get rain water down your mast and into your bilge. You should hear the rigging during a gale while on the hook - the halyards stop rapping because they're held in place by the wind, and all you get is a odd 'moaning' of wind over the spreaders.

//sse

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
I love the ghostly moan when the wind blows through. Falling asleep to that is one of my favorite parts of living aboard.

A couple years back a big blow of about 60kts blew through one evening, unusual for the area, and Elliot Bay Marina sounded like a chorus of banshees screaming. It was really something.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Hah. Almost like living in The Gorge. One of my earliest memories is listening to the sound of the wind rushing past the sleeping-porch of my Great-Grandparent’s house.