Plumbing, Fresh Transfer pump from Harbor Freight

All plumbing equipment relating to fresh water, the storage, filtation, pressurization of, heating of and distribution of.

Teranodon

Member III
As everyone knows, Harbor Freight stuff can be great or lousy, depending. Here's an inexpensive (under $10) battery-powered transfer pump that I've been using for about a year, and it still works. I've only used it for water, but it's supposed to be good for oil, diesel. It takes two D cells.

HFT pump.jpg

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Now--how much water are you pumping? As in, what is capacity in gallons of my bow and main tanks....

• P3 P0550 Water Meter

P3 PO550 hose meter, $15.

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
As everyone knows, Harbor Freight stuff can be great or lousy, depending. Here's an inexpensive (under $10) battery-powered transfer pump that I've been using for about a year, and it still works. I've only used it for water, but it's supposed to be good for oil, diesel. It takes two D cells.
I have this same pump - it's handy for all sorts of things. I've also used it to pump coolant into the overflow jug. I added a rope and carabiner to mine after losing my first one to the bottom of the lake.

Pete the Cat

Sustaining Member
I have a similar one I have used for years to transfer fuel from jugs to the boat. Much easier and more controllable than pouring. I don't like all the time it takes to go to the fuel dock. Works great.

Teranodon

Member III
I have a similar one I have used for years to transfer fuel from jugs to the boat. Much easier and more controllable than pouring. I don't like all the time it takes to go to the fuel dock. Works great.
I'm not so sure I'd be comfortable pumping diesel fuel. The thing is very cheaply made, and electric motors can spark. I fill 5 gallon jugs at the gas station, then siphon the fuel with a siphon:
1683729294327.png